At Tricky Fish, we’re a huge fan of whiskey.
So much in fact, that we have an entire menu dedicated to our favorite sippin’ whiskies. Chances are, some of them are your favorites too: Woodford Reserve, Firestone & Robertson TX, Booker’s, and more.
But have you tried your whiskey smoked?
Tricky Fish in Richardson’s CityLine development has perfected the art of smoked whiskey and we invite you to come give it a try! Here’s the technique:
· Start with the Perfect Chunk of Wood: Maple is our wood of choice, as it adds the perfect sweetness to any whiskey infusion.
· Light in On Fire: We grab our torch and light that sucker on fire! You watch the maple flame and just know it’s gonna be good.
· Capture the Smoke: After burning for about 30 seconds, we capture the smoke in a mason jar - it’s easier than it might sound.
· Add the Whiskey of Choice: Pretty much any whiskey is delicious when steeped with smoke, so take your pick of our extensive selection of whiskies! (Smoked Firestone & Robertson TX Whiskey is locally produced and one of our customer favorites.)
· Steep & Enjoy: Let the whiskey steep for a few minutes and serve over ice.
· Try it in a Cocktail! We also love mixing our smoked whiskey in an Old Fashioned or Manhattan for a new twist on an old favorite. Let us know how you’d like your smoked whiskey in Richardson.
Want to see the process in action? CityLine recently posted our bartender in action:
To try a glass of smoked whiskey, visit us at Tricky Fish this week! We are conveniently located in the heart of Richardson’s new CityLine development and are open for lunch, dinner, happy hour, and late night cocktails.