At Tricky Fish, we like to keep our menu simple – just like the food we prepare. Uncomplicated, no fuss dining is what we’re all about. We're your Richardson scratch kitchen.
And because we love simplicity, it means we can’t put all of our favorite entrees on the menu. I’m sure from time-to-time we’ll rotate out a few new offerings, but for now, we’re keeping everything simple as pie.
One such favorite is our Loaded Parmesan Grits. Make it at home for the perfect accompaniment to a Sunday brunch or a hearty dinner. Enjoy!
Loaded Parmesan Grits
(makes 4-6 side dish servings)
· 1 cup yellow corn grits
· ½ cup heavy cream
· ½ cup chicken stock
· 2 cups whole milk
· ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
· 1 cup corn kernels, cut from 2 small ears corn
· 1 Tbsp oil
· ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
· ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
· ½ cup green onions, sliced very thin
· Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
· 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped
· Parsley, minced, for garnish
1. Pour heavy cream, chicken stock, and milk in a saucepan and heat until it’s reached a soft boil.
2. Whisk in the grits. To avoid clumping, whisk once per minute for about 5 minutes.
3. Gently fold in the Parmesan cheese, then cover and remove from heat.
4. Let the grits rest, covered, for 10-15 minutes until the desired consistency is reached. If they get too thick, use a little hot water or chicken stock to thin.
5. Heat oil in a skillet and add corn kernels. Cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add red and green peppers, then green onions, salt and pepper, tossing to cook as you go.
6. To serve, spoon the grits into bowls and top with the corn mixture, bacon, and parsley.